http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/10/14/bernie-sanders-wins-debate-on-social-media/
With such a heavy social media following and large popularity among young voters, Bernie Sanders seems to be emerging as a viable candidate. Is his early surge in support actually just media hype? Or is social media providing a mass media medium that is less affected by corporate influence and therefore a more accurate and credible representation of the middle class and younger voters' opinions? I prefer the latter.
Hi Brad, I think Senator Sanders is a contender rather than pretender in the race to capture the 2016 election. I like the stance you propose about Sanders use of social media being a medium that isn't influenced as much by big business and the corporate world. Sanders' ability to recognize his target audience, as well as strategically connect with them in ways other candidates have failed to utilize is proving to be favorable for his results in the polls. With the advent of so many technological routes to reach voters, it's no longer enough to be the right candidate, as it is to also be the most resourceful candidate.
ReplyDeleteI would tend to look towards social media. It seems that you can get a better idea of the actual level of support from individuals. After the last 2 elections, no one can deny that our generation of voters can make a big different in the outcome of any election.
ReplyDeleteBrad, I think that Bernie Sanders has identified his target audience and has capitalized on the "new normal" of campaigning on social media. I started following a few different candidates on social media and I think Sanders is one of the best at sharing his message and reaching out to people. I personally feel that social media is providing an accurate representation of constituents opinions, and that Sanders could be a viable candidate with his continued utilization of social media.
ReplyDelete